Copier. Printer. Multi-function device. Call it what you will.
Most people believe, that a photocopier/multi-function print device are all the same in functionality no matter the brand.
They have been the same for years.
They simply Copy, Print, Scan, and Fax, if required.
You pick one of the functions and then choose if you want Colour, A3 capability, and which paper tray.
You may be surprised to know that a photocopier/multi-function device can play a greater role??
One might ask:
- Is there functionality I am not aware off?
- Has my current provider advised me how to maximise the use of my photocopier or multi-function device?
Once you ask yourself these questions:…..This is where things change.
It comes down to whether you choose to use your photocopier/multi-function device as a “digital on-ramp” (scanning) than just a print output device!
With some simple planning, we can easily integrate the touch screen of your photocopier/multi-function device to your key business systems, turning it from an unintelligent “output” device, to an incredibly valuable “Digital On-Ramp”.
What do you mean??
Through customisation and integration, your photocopier/multi-function device can play its role in enhancing process automation and connecting your current manual workflow into your existing business systems, such as your ERP, CRM, Finance, Practice Management systems etc.
Through customisation and integration, your photocopier/multi-function device can play its role in enhancing process automation through digitising your current manual workflow integrating with existing business systems, such as your ERP, CRM, Finance, Practice Management systems etc.
“We never knew so much was possible with our device. Its made our processes so much quicker and easier to get done.”
Customisation / Integration:
The usual questions:
- How hard is this going to be?
- How long will it take?
- How is the implementation of such a solution, going to impact the daily operation of our business?
- How long is it going to take to implement?
- Most systems, that currently reside in a business, offer integration to ensure you get the most out of the system. You may have heard of API’s or Web Services. Or even just “Connectors”. All of these make enabling your business to “be more digital” friendly.
- If an organisation is committed and dedicated to the Scope/pre-work, which is usually no more than a day, the implementation and integration is seamless.
- Once the work is scoped, all the development and customisation, is completed off-site so it does not impact daily operations.
- In minutes, we can create an icon on the photocopier/multi-function device, with scan path into the software solution and into your back-end systems for your hard copy documents.
Whilst your photocopier/multi-function device can play its role in enhancing your businesses profitable growth, so can a desktop integrated scanner.
In a recent time & motion study at a Forensic Accountancy firm, it has been proven that by using an integrated scanner, instead of a standard copier reduced the document scanning process from 3.2 hours per day to under 1 hour per day; not to mention the increase in accuracy and traceability. When projected over 1 year, that equated to a saving of over 530 hours! Simply by having the right technology.
Personalisation:……only achieved through digitisation
Though the rapid rise of technology, particularly in the consumer market, the user expectations of technology has escalated both from a personal and business level. Even in a business environment, users are expecting their mobile phone or tablet to give them to access internal business information and workflow and in so doing providing them the ability to work on or off-line and outside business hours so they wish. Using user identification techniques, such as access cards and NFC, we can make the user experience tailored to the individual.
is a photocopier just a photocopier?….
It can be if you want it to be. Or you can give it some legs…..ITS ALL UP TO YOU